David McNeill secured selection for Rio 2016 by running a 10,000m qualifying time in USA in May 2015 and then winning Zatopek in December. This will be his second Games after competing in the 5,000m at London 2012.
McNeill missed qualification for the 2015 World Championships 10,000m by 0.01 seconds.
McNeill is a self-proclaimed foodie and cooking enthusiast. Once baked a cake that Jamie Oliver liked and retweeted on twitter!
He has been a vegetarian most of his life, and more recently, a pescatarian
Has had research published in three different scientific journals.
East Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Tucson, AZ, United States
- 2012 London - 28th (5000m)
- 1st (10,000m) - 2015 Zatopek Classic (Melbourne, Australia)
- 4th (10,000m) - 2015 Stanford Invitational (Palo Alto, USA)
- 87th (X-Country) - 2015 World Cross Country Championships (Guiyang, China)
- 2008 and 2015 Australian 10,000m champion.
- 2010 NCAA indoor and outdoor 5000m champion.
- Running at the 2012 London Olympics in front of my family.
- St Anthony's Primary School (VIC, Australia)
- Xavier College (VIC, Australia)
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science - Northern Arizona University (2007 - 2010); Master of Science in Exercise Physiology - Northern Arizona University (2012-2014)
Nic Bideau (2014-present)
Old Xaverians Athletic Club
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
- Favourite food
- Favourite music
- House music
- Dream car
- I don't dream about cars
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be