Having played in multiple World Cups and Asian Cups and racked up over 70 international appearances for her country, star midfielder Elise Kellond Knight will get her chance to play for Olympic glory at Rio.
Kellond-Knight burst onto the scene with W-League side Brisbane Roar in 2008 and was the joint winner of the 2009 Young Player of the Year award. She went on to help Australia make history in 2010, proving crucial as Australia won their first Asian Cup title.
She has proven over the years that she can take her game to another level on the big occasions. She made both the 2011 and 2015 World Cup All Stars side as one of the tournament’s top players and in last year’s event was crucial as Australia won their first knockout phase match at a World Cup tournament. Her prowess in the middle of the park helped ensure Australia went through the Rio 2016 qualifiers undefeated.
Having played in both Japan and Denmark she now lines up in one of the world’s toughest leagues – the German Women’s Bundesliga. She played in 18 of the FFC Turbine Potsdam’s 22 matches in 2016 as team finished 7th in the league and made the Champions League semi-finals.
Kellond-Knight will be looking to prove her German club coach wrong after he told her that the German side would beat the Australians 7-0 in the group stage.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Southport, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- 1st - Rio 2016 Olympic qualifiers (Japan)
- 7th - 2015 World Cup (Canada)
- 2nd - 2014 Asian Cup (Japan)
- Winning the Asian Cup 2010
- Qualifying for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Coombabah State Primary School (QLD, Australia)
- St Hilda's School (QLD, Australia)
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science - Griffith University Gold Coast Campus (2008 - current )
Alen Stajcic (2014 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Caramel and Coffee
- Favourite holiday destination
- Isolated surf beach
- Favourite music
- Indie rock
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- A lotto ticket