Eloise Wellings first qualified for the Oympics as a 16 year-old ahead of Sydney 2000. She was a prospective member for Sydney, Athens and Beijing but missed all due to injury. Her first Olympics was London 2012 and Rio will be her second Games and 5th campaign.
Mother to 2 year old India.
Co-founder of the Love Mercy Foundation, which raises money for rural communities in north Uganda
She overcame 10 stress fractures and an eating disorder in her teenage years.
Has had very successful half-marathon races and will try marathon running later in her career. Perhaps for 2018 Commonwealth Games or Tokyo 2020.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
10000m Women, 5000m Women
New York, United States
Sydney, NSW, Australia
- 2012 London - 20th (10,000m), 30th (5,000m)
- 1st (half-marathon) - 2015 Marugame Half (Okayama, Japan
- 1st (10,000m) - 2015 Zatopek Classic (Melbourne, Australia)
- 10th (5,000m) - 2015 World Championships (Beijing, China)
- 5th (5,000m) - 2014 Commonwealth Games (Glasgow, Scotland)
- 10th at the World Championships Beijing 5,000m (15:09)
- 4x National 10,000m champion
- Coming 4th in the 5000m at the 2006 Commonwealth Games and then 5th and 6th in the 5000m and 10,000m respectively at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. 5th at 2014 Commonwealth Games 5,000m
- Grays Point Primary School (NSW, Australia)
- Kirrawee High School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science - University of Wollongong (2001 - 2003)
Nic Bideau (2002 - current)
Sutherland Athletics Club
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Shoelaces must be tucked in for races
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- Pop music
- Dream car
- Mini moke
- Personal Motto
- Why not me
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Messina icecream
- Love Mercy tattoo on right wrist- the name of our foundation Uganda that we work on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Beach volleyball
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Steve Hooker pole vault gold in Beijing 2008
- First Olympic Memory?
- Watching the women's distance running at Barcelona 1992 as a ten year old
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Jono (husband)
- Why this sport?
- I love it. When I run I feel free.